The mission of Community Roots Midwife Collective is to provide skilled, respectful midwifery and reproductive health care to all individuals, in or near Boulder County.
Your donation helps support our Midwifery Services fund which allows us to provide homebirth and midwifery care on a sliding scale.
Community Roots Midwife Collective (CRMC) works to foster an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions and supports the advancement of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. CRMC believes that an inclusive environment enhances the quality of healthcare, improves community relations, and positively affects the health status of society as a whole. CRMC is committed to ongoing transparency, addressing community feedback and recognizing their part in health equity locally and nationally as a white midwife collective. CRMC believes in the responsibility health care providers have in the advancement of society and are committed to the on going development of what it takes to create an inclusive environment, including their own ongoing education. This priority is reflected in CRMCs services, programs, and activities.
The midwives and practitioners of Community Roots Midwife Collective envision creating a self-sustaining healthcare organization which provides homebirth midwifery services and reproductive health care to anyone who desires it, regardless of their ability to pay.
In collaboration with other care providers, the Collective fosters a supportive and respectful community, which effectively decreases current birth and health care disparities.
CRMC holds the values of integrity, human rights, reproductive justice and physiologic birth paramount.
Our Core Values
- Providing culturally sensitive care to LGBTQUAI individuals and families
- Supportive of full spectrum care throughout childbearing cycles
- Committed to the advancement of midwifery as a profession in Colorado and proponents for accessible midwifery care in our local community
- Advocates for the Midwifery Model of Care and supportive of the midwife's role as an autonomous health care provider
- Providing educational and training opportunities for new midwives, especially those representing underserved communities
- Reproductive self-determination
- The practitioners of CRMC care for themselves and the community from the inside out. Self care, clear and consistent communication, and shared responsibility and decision making are all values that inform and guide the collective